Mark RoyQuality Engineer at Hamilton Sundstrand UTC · Hartford, United States
Experience June 2010 to present Hamilton Sundstrand Windsor Locks, CT
Aftermarket Worldwide Repair Supplier Quality Engineer
• Responsible for non-conforming part investigations and RRCA.
• External, Regulatory, Technical Process Review/Parts Inspection and Drug and Alcohol Supplier Audits at 15 Repair stations around the world.
• Performing Supplier QMS, Qualification, ISO 9000, AS9100 and AS9110 Audits annually at for a supply base of over 1000 suppliers.
• Performing Hamilton Sundstrand and Boeing ODA, Embrear VIP Source and conformity inspection.
• Boeing 787 Pre-production Team member responsible for First Article Inspections for part certification.
October 2008 to June 2010 Pratt & Whitney Cheshire ,CT
PW4000 Module Group Cell Leader
• Responsible for Teardown, Inspection, Assembly, Balance, Final Assembly and Inspection of the Low Pressure Compressor, High Pressure Compressor, High Turbine and Low Turbine Modules.
May 2006 - October 2008 Pratt & Whitney Cheshire, CT
PW4000 Quality Engineer
• Responsible for Assembly, Disassembly, Internal Audits, COPQ Investigations Non-Conformances and Escape Management.
Jun. 2004 – May 2006 Pratt & Whitney Cheshire, CT
Support Service Quality Engineer
• Quality Engineer for Clean/NDT, Machine Shop, Bearing Inspection, Accessories, QEC Inspection, Internal Audit, COPQ Investigations, Non-Conformances and Escape Management.
Mar. 2002 – Jun. 2004 Pratt & Whitney Cheshire, CT
PW2000 / F117 Inspector
• Engine Module Parts Inspector
• Engine Receive-in Inspector
• UAL / UPS RII Inspection Authorization
• QCPC Champion
Jan. 2000 – Mar. 2002 Pratt & Whitney Cheshire, CT
• LPT Engine Module Parts Inspector
• Engine Receive-in Inspector
• UAL RII Inspection Authorization
Dec. 1996 – Jan. 2000 Pratt & Whitney Cheshire, CT
PW4000 Bench Inspector
• Responsible for visual and dimensional inspection of engine, LPT, and HPC modules and parts.
Jan. 1995 – Dec. 1996 Gas Turbine Corp. East Granby, CT
Quality Assurance Engine Auditor
• Responsible for auditing entire engine overhaul records package and documentation of airworthiness directives
• Alert service bulletins, service bulletins and customer request compliance.
Sep. 1988 – Jan. 1995 Gas Turbine Corp. East Granby, CT
• Perform jet engine/propeller assembly for E2C Hawkeye aircraft.
• Modular sub-assembly and final assembly on JT-8, JT-3, and JT-4 engines used in B-737, B-727, B-707 and DC-8 aircraft.
Apr. 1988 – Apr. 1990 US Navy USS Eisenhower/NAS S. Weymouth, MA
Flight Line Shop Supervisor
• Performed line maintenance on A7E Corsair Engine and Aircraft Systems, P-3 Orion, E2C Hawkeye model aircraft and propeller systems.
• Intermediate level maintenance on TF30, TF41A2B, T56, J52 and T58 engines.
• Shop Supervisor E-6
• Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative/Inspector
Education Sep. 2006 – Present Charter Oak State College New Britain, CT
• Bachelors Degree in Quality Assurance Management – June 2010
Sep. 1994 – Sep. 2006 Naugatuck Valley Community Technical College
• Associates Degree in Quality Assurance Technology
Special Training June 2008 ACE Associate Level.
June 2008 ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
Nov. 2003 Ito University
Jun. 2003 RRCA Dive Class
Sep. 1999 Dale Carnegie Class
Sep 1988 FAA Airframe and Power plant License
Jul. 1985 – Jul. 1986 Aviation Maintenance Technology Certificate from Embry-Riddle AU
Awards • 2007 Eagle Award Received for inspector proficiency training of 98 salary workers during contract negotiations.
• 2007 Eagle Award Received for reducing the number of the over all gages for the P & W Calibration Team 10.from 120,000 to 57,000 assets.
• 2002 Eagle Award Received for QCPC activity and a $300,000 cost savings by recycling parts that were usually disposed of using the P&W Standard Practice Manual for part acceptance.
• FAA Maintenance Safety Award – Diamond Level 2006
- 58 years old.
- Member since April 10 2011.