Typhoon Training SpecialistTo provide effective and efficient training services covering a diverse range of aircraft systems and subjects to meet our customer training requirements. Our customer base comes from both the UK and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the range of training services provided are varied and aligned to the specific need of each customer.
Currently we are delivering Avionic, Mechanical and Weapons training in support of the following platforms; Typhoon, Tornado, and Hawk.
As a Typhoon Training Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Carry out training needs analysis, design and delivery of new and existing training courses, ensuring they are aligned to meet the customer's needs, considering time, cost and effectiveness.
- Deliver practical On the Job Training in the operational environment to ensure out students achieve the agreed competency levels.
- Ensure the general safety and welfare of students during training activities.
- Monitor their performance to ensure effective progress in meeting training objectives and output standards.
- Produce training support materials including curriculum, training objectives, syllabi, course plans, and assessment and evaluation methods - to satisfy both BAE SYSTEMS and customers training requirements.
- Specify, design and develop appropriate and effective training aids including computer aided instruction and advanced desktop training systems to ensure technology supported training provides the most modern training delivery methods.
- Research, write and validate advanced training notes and associated courseware for use in support of BAE SYSTEMS and customers training organisations.
- Conduct assessment and evaluation exercises in accordance with the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) model and implement any remedial action as required.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned training related projects, appropriate to the individual's specialism and experience.
- Conduct technical interviews with prospective employees to determine and report on their theoretical and practical proficiency levels.
The positions are primarily based at Warton although frequent and lengthy International travel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be necessary. If you have technical experience in the platforms mentioned above, and have experience and/or qualifications in the technical training world, we would like to hear from you.
As a Typhoon Training Specialist your skills and qualification will ideally include:
· 2 A Levels or equivalent in terms of formal education
· Apprenticeship or other technical training is essential
· Experience in the maintenance of Military Aircraft is essential, preferably including experience on the Typhoon
· Qualified Technical Instructor within domain of expertise is essential
· Familiarity with and understanding of the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) model and JSP822 is essential
· Fast Jet experience is essential
· Experience in using specialised equipment (for example, avionic rigs, electronic/electromagnetic equipment) and experience in applying tools and techniques (for example, tool use, use of software packages or mainframe systems)
· IT literate with competence in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of some aspects of Quality and Systems engineering
· Knowledge of several aspects of customer support, IT/computing, personnel training, project and programme management
· Awareness of MA&I, Air Maintenance Support businesses and UK Defence Support Business would be advantageous
Additional relevant knowledge, experience and product expertise can offset the normal qualification requirements
What we are looking for in you:
The successful candidate will have the ability to plan, conduct, manage and deliver excellence in the development of the training solution. They will be flexible and self-motivated with the ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet tight deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Applicants must be prepared to travel overseas for long periods of time.
Salary: £32,305 +
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/8a921602b062